This is the second installment of my Cycledesk Progress series. This series was inspired by an image on Pinterest that read “In two weeks you’ll feel it, in four weeks you’ll see it, in eight weeks you’ll hear it.” This is the two week mark!
Normally I judge my fitness on
- How I feel about myself.
- How my pants fit.
- How much jiggle I perceive when driving over railroad tracks.
But right now I am maintaining measurable data; my hip measurement and minutes cycling. If you want to start at the beginning here is I Bought a Cycledesk, Week Zero.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links; I am deleting most when I can.
I’ve been trying to cycle everyday. My shortest cycle time was 10 minutes, and my longest was 360. I did the math and my daily average was 153 minutes.
I can tell you that the butt does get sore, but it’s not horrible. The morning after my first multi-hour cycle session it took a while to get comfortable in the seat again, but I was cycling normally in ten minutes or fewer. Now, in week two, my butt is rarely sore.
Week Two – “You’ll feel it”
Hip Measurement: 39″ (no change since Week Zero)
- I have cycled 2,155 minutes since assembly
- Days 1-7 used level three tension, days 8-14 increased to level four
- Learned that I get real antsy after 150 minutes (this explains my 153 minute daily average)
- My thighs feel a tiny bit more lean, otherwise I feel the same
Ready for more? Here you go: