I usually don’t do overnight breakfasts –because they’re almost always oatmeal– and the promise of oatmeal doesn’t make me spring out of bed. Actually, hardly anything prompts me to spring out of bed, but I found one. Indian rice pudding.
In 2016 I determined the official Jupiter House recipe modifications (double cardamom, light sugar, no raisins), but I don’t make it often because Mister Jupiter rarely eats sweets at home. But I love sweets. Enter the overnight mug for my single serving rice pudding.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that help support LadyJupiter.com, you understand.
One night I was putting away some leftover rice and suddenly thought about Indian rice pudding. Mister declined any, so I worked on a single serving version, and I love it. Here’s my quick recipe, I hope you enjoy it too.
Overnight Indian Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1
- 2 Tbsp pistachios, unsalted and shelled
- 1/2 mug cooked rice
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp honey, heaping
- ~6oz Full fat milk
- In microwavable mug, cover bottom with pistachios
- Add cardamom and cooked rice
- Cover rice with milk, no stirring needed
- Cover mug and place in fridge overnight
- In the morning, uncover and microwave until warm –take care that milk does not boil
- Stir in honey, enjoy!
Notes: Rice -I use brown jasmine rice, and the exact quantity depends on your mug.
Milk -quantity also depends on your chosen mug, feel free to replace a few ounces with half & half for a more rich pudding.
- Need more rice in your life? Check out my Creamy Coconut Chicken & Rice recipe: The InstantPot Post