This year I made a list of 21 tasks that I want to start AND finish in 2021. I don’t call them resolutions, because I personally believe that resolutions are about personal growth – but that’s just me; the dictionary definition for a resolution is simply “a firm decision to do or not to do something.”
Task, resolution. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.
Will I actually finish this list this year? Nope! Read on!
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links, I may earn a small commission from purchases.
Here’s the full list typed out:
Donate textiles @H&M— Removed 12/1
Curate coffee mugs— Half point because I got some mugs out, and only added one!
- ✓ Upgrade shallow bowls — A gift! Thank you S!
- ✓ Donate to Free Little Pantries, local ☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒
Clean out cosmetics— Half point for progress, more to go
- Clean out spices
- Clear out rolling racks ☒☒◻︎
Finish pie dish repair— Removed 4/12
- Return to Amazon’s Top 1,000 Reviewers
- ✓ Hang more art (
canvases, prints, tapestries)
- ✓ Practice digital drawing more
Make space for Glowforge— Removed 5/26
- Treadmill 10 minutes ◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎
TreadmillWalk outside w/ Kid 20 minutes ☒☒☒☒☒
TreadmillBike w/ Kid 30 minutes ☒☒☒☒☒
Donate textiles @H&M— Removed 12/1
- Curate travel mugs, H2O bottles
- ✓ ThredUP bag, outbound — Completed 7/6
- Internet yoga ☒☒◻︎◻︎◻︎
- Internet yoga ◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎
- ✓ Write
five new evergreens☒☒☒☒☒ — Completed 4/11
Changes since last update
#2 Curate coffee mugs – I got some mugs out, and only brought one in for all of Jantembuary. That’s progress! More out than in definitely matters.
#5 Clean out cosmetics – Another partial! I threw away stuff, and donated some unopened & unexpired samples. I still have two smaller boxes to deal with, but I made a big dent.
#9 Current ranking has plunged down to 10,4xx – haha! A far cry from the top 1,000 that I was going for, but for the record I have not been writing multiple detailed reviews each week. The only way to get back up there is to crank out a lot of high quality reviews and collect those thumbs up…and I don’t have time for that.
#19 Internet yoga – 2/10 complete. My favorite internet instructor wasn’t available, so Kid Jupiter watched me try a different “class.”
I think my tasks are pretty self-explanatory, but for clarity I’ll break down tasks as this year goes on. Today I’m going to talk about numbers eighteen through twenty one.
- #18 Fill & send ThredUP bag
- Situation: I don’t have the time to sell or consign clothes locally.
- Plan: Send a bag of clothes to ThredUP, hope to get a few bucks.
- Outcome: The pay structure changed since my last bag, but I guess I don’t care anymore. Attempting to recover spent dollars on non-designer items is futile.
- #19 &20 Internet yoga
- Situation: I love yoga but don’t have time (or childcare) for in-person classes (if available – damned pandemic).
- Plan: Do more Amazon Prime yoga in the playroom during nap time.
- Outcome: I forgot…because I need those nap times to do other things like cook and shower.
- #21 Write five new evergreens
- Situation: I wanted more blog content that wasn’t time specific.
- Plan: I needed to write more articles that could be easily refreshed.
- Outcome: Done! I wrote
So I started this Jantembuary with 21 tasks to complete. And I completed 13.4 in the end, so I didn’t touch a few – that’s fine. Seven things remained unticked, let’s talk about them.
- #6 Clear out spices
- Plan: Discard old spices.
- Outcome: I’ve only thrown out a few old powders…but not enough to make a dent in my collection. For the record, I cook at home a lot, so nothing gets dusty.
- #7 Clear out rolling racks
- Plan: Empty and store three rolling racks that I needed in our other houses.
- Outcome: I made sense of 2/3 rolling racks. The last one was relocated to the laundry room. Out of sight, out of mind!
- #9 Return to Amazon top 1,000
- Plan: Write a lot of quality reviews and be a high ranking reviewer again.
- Outcome: I don’t have that time right now. Maybe one day.
- #13 Treadmill 10 minutes
- Plan: Hop on the treadmill for a bit.
- Outcome: I have a lot of other things that I would rather do. That’s all.
- #17 Curate travel mugs & H2O bottles
- Plan: Donate the mugs and water bottles we don’t use regularly.
- Outcome: Haven’t had the time really. I’ll work on it more in 2022, otherwise I’ll deal with them on the other end of our next PCS (but not ideally. I prefer to move as little as possible).
- #19 & 20 Internet yoga
- Plan: Do more yoga on Amazon Prime.
- Outcome: I forgot about it for eleven months, and when I tried recently Yoga with Adriene wasn’t an option. Kid Jupiter watched me do some Cosmic Kids yoga, but he wasn’t interested and wanted to watch Monsters Vs. Aliens instead.
That’s all for my 21 in 2021 experiment! Thanks for riding 2021 with me.
LikeLiked by 1 person