This year I made a list of 21 tasks that I want to start AND finish in 2021. I don’t call them resolutions, because I personally believe that resolutions are about personal growth – but that’s just me; the dictionary definition is simply “a firm decision to do or not to do something.”
Task, resolution. Six of one, a half-dozen of the other.
Will I actually finish this list this year? Nobody knows and only time will tell!
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links, I may earn a small commission from purchases.
Here’s the full list typed out:
Donate textiles @H&M— Removed 12/1
- Curate coffee mugs
- Upgrade shallow bowls
- ✓ Donate to Free Little Pantries, local ☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒
- Clean out cosmetics
- Clean out spices
- Clear out rolling racks ☒☒◻︎
Finish pie dish repair— Removed 4/12
- Return to Amazon’s Top 1,000 Reviewers
- ✓ Hang more art (
canvases, prints, tapestries)
- ✓ Practice digital drawing more
Make space for Glowforge— Removed 5/26
- Treadmill 10 minutes ◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎
TreadmillWalk outside w/ Kid 20 minutes ☒☒☒☒☒
TreadmillBike w/ Kid 30 minutes ☒☒☒☒☒
Donate textiles @H&M— Removed 12/1
- Curate travel mugs, H2O bottles
- ✓ ThredUP bag, outbound — Completed 7/6
- Internet yoga ☒◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎
- Internet yoga ◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎◻︎
- ✓ Write
five new evergreens☒☒☒☒☒ — Completed 4/11
Changes since last update
Tasks #1 and #16 (H&M textile donations) both deleted because H&M hasn’t been accepting recycling since COVID hit…and now that we’re up to our eyeballs in Omicron, so I am just going to send our old socks to the landfill.
#3 (upgrade shallow bowls) is partial. A set was purchased from my Amazon wish list, but I won’t know if we’re going to get them (or if someone bought it for themselves from my list – that’s happened before).
#4 (donate to all local Little Free Pantries) complete! Now I know exactly where each one is.
#5 (clean out cosmetics) partial! I got some things sorted and donated earlier today, more to go though.
#9 (Amazon ranking) my ranking has dropped more. I haven’t had time to write any reviews for several months…so the drop isn’t a surprise.
#10 (hang more art) enough progress to mark complete!
#11 (digital drawing) I found one to four times each month that I can doodle a bit – yay!
#14 and #15 were medium easy to complete (walking and biking with the kid) when the heat and humidity both eased up.
#18 (send bag to ThredUP) sent in July, processed in October. The new payout/consignment is interesting, can’t say yet if I like it or not.
I think my tasks are pretty self-explanatory, but for clarity I’ll break down tasks as this year goes on. Today I’m going to talk about numbers fourteen through seventeen.
- #14 Walk outside 20 minutes
- Situation: I love walking but I don’t like sweating.
- Plan: Waited for the season to change, and immediately agreed when my kid wanted to walk. We’ve walked more than the five times that I tasked myself, I just stopped counting. Task complete!
- #15 Bike with kid 30 minutes
- Situation: We love biking, but again I don’t like sweating.
- Plan: We exceeded this task because we like the wind in our hair. Yay bikes!
- #16 Donate textiles to H&M
- Situation: I like donating textiles to H&M because I hate adding content to landfills.
- Plan: This task has been deleted because H&M paused textile donations in March 2020…and since COVID is still a part of our lives textile recycling has remained suspended. Sad. At least I was able to donate some bedding and towels to a local animal shelter.
- #17 Curate travel mugs & H2O bottles
- Situation: Mister Jupiter and I have more travel containers than we use.
- Plan: I just need to gather and donate the travel mugs and water bottles that we haven’t used since we moved into this house. We got new travel mugs last year AND this year, so we have plenty. Just need to gather & donate.
That’s all for today! I’ll be back when I make more progress. See you soon!